08 Jul Let Your Freedom Ring
For many of us living in the United States, the Fourth of July is a chance to reflect on freedom. For believers, of course, every day is an opportune time to thank God for the freedom we have because of Christ’s work on the cross.
Romans 6:22 says, “But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.” Not only do we have freedom from sin and death, but we also have:
○ Access to God (Eph. 3:12)
○ Grace and forgiveness (Eph.1:7; Rom. 3:23-24)
○ Holiness (Rom. 6:22)
○ Abundant life (John 10:10)
○ Eternal life (Rom. 6:22)
○ Peace (and of course love, joy, patience, kindness, good- …… ness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) …… ……(Rom. 5:1; Gal. 5:16-26)
○ Sanctification (1 Cor. 6:11)
○ …and so much more than we have room for here!
That’s a lot to celebrate! And while our celebration of this freedom may not look like fireworks and parades, nothing will ring louder or longer than Christ’s redeeming work.
Why not take some time this week to celebrate your freedom in Christ?
May the joy and peace of freedom ring in your life today and every day!